Here is a checklist, but a reverse one. You do not have to be a tech adept and an SEO guru who reads lectures in baroque university halls to avoid some sloppy moves. So, never…
1. Neglect to Visualize SEO Reports
If you create SEO reports manually, that is… an interesting rarity you might boast if you are very successful. Nevertheless, the new generation of SEO specialists prefers SEO PowerSuite’s SEO Reporting Software to automate and customize report generating and make information presentation convenient. Plus, such programs visualize the gathered data, letting entrepreneurs comprehend all vital facts without bias and emotional bursts. Plus, you will never have to deal with solid texts of digits and whatever makes your brain turn off because there is a symbol overdose.
2. Forget That You Have Competitors
Your offer might be 100% and even more unique and unusual. Still, there will be a resembling offer in another form. There might be other logos and color schemes, distinctive forms, and other components that imply your offers are objectively different. Still, you must show that you are the best and most advantageous option.
- Hence, never forget to:
- Analyze their activity;
- Follow them on social media (well, you might not subscribe, but at least monitor the updates sometimes);
- Conduct SEO PowerSuite’s competitor keyword research;
- And do everything that helps you detect their mistakes and prevent them in your activity.
3. Disregard Voice Search
The hype around voice search is not over yet, so never dismiss this growing trend. Nowadays, many people use digital assistants like Siri or Alexa to find the information they need without typing. Thus, if you want your website to be the crowned one in the top voice search results, never forget to:
- Optimize your website for mobile devices;
- Use long-tail keywords;
- Structure your content properly.
4. Ignore Google’s Algorithm Updates
Even if you do not understand how these updates influence SEO and traffic generation, you must know they exist. So, set a reminder to check Google Webmaster Central Blog for the latest news and trends concerning SEO.
5. Post Duplicate Content
It is not a secret that Google’s algorithm demotes websites with duplicate content. Therefore, let your website have a chance to be maximally unique without mimics hindering its evaluation by the search engine. Of course, you might let that mistake occur accidentally. For instance, you were restructuring your content and forgot to delete the page where the text piece initially was. That is solvable in three clicks.
The situation becomes more challenging when a rival plans some mischief and creates websites for free to copy and paste your content. That… might make you rewrite everything if you have no idea and tools to detect and punish the source of your issues.
6. Overstuff Keywords
The situation when a web surfer sees nothing but a chain of meaningless keywords is annoying. If your website looks attractive, informative, and user-friendly, never stuff it with target keywords excessively. You can use them frequently in headlines and texts or focus on long-tail keywords.
7. Fail to Check Rankings Regularly
The position of your website in search results depends on many factors, including the location of a searcher, their device, and Google personalization settings. Moreover, this position can change rapidly because of your rivals’ moves or new algorithm updates. Hence, you must routinely check the ranking of your website to be aware of all changes and have time to improve the ranking if it drops. The most convenient way to do so is using one of SEO PowerSuite’s rank checker tools.
8. Dismiss Negative SEO
Although you might think nobody would want to harm your website, there are many reasons someone might want to do that. For instance, a rival can create thousands of spammy links to your website, copy your content, and post it on low-quality websites. As a result, you might experience a significant traffic drop or even get banned from Google.
To avoid such issues, you must:
- Detect negative SEO attacks on time;
- Disavow all spammy links;
- And report malicious content to Google.
9. Forget to Check the Website’s Performance Monthly (at Least)
Your website’s performance is essential for two reasons. Firstly, users do not like it when a website loads too long or crashes unexpectedly. Secondly, this factor influences your website’s ranking in search results. Therefore, you must keep an eye on your website’s performance and eliminate all the causes of its slow loading.
10. Overlook Technical SEO
Technical SEO means the measures that help you make your website visible and accessible to users and search engine bots. Thus, by neglecting technical SEO, you might:
- Make it difficult for Google bots to index your website;
- Get low rankings because of poor website performance, for instance, if your website loads too long;
- Lose potential customers because of a terrible user experience.
To prevent such issues, do not forget about technical SEO, including:
- Creating an XML sitemap;
- Adding meta tags;
- Improving website speed and performance, etc.
11. Neglecting the Powers of Visuals
Photos, pictures, and videos have more purposes than we might recall instantly. Of course, they are not for decoration solely. Such website constituents are significant because
- They structure your text by dividing it into logical parts;
- They illustrate complex concepts;
- They convey your brand messages!
- They make the website guest focus their attention on an idea you present;
- They may boost the aesthetics and vibes of your project, making it more attractive;
- They bring your personal touch into the whole concept;
- They add uniqueness;
- And alt tags attached to them are important.
12. Prioritize the Engine Instead of Humans
You and the search engine want one thing: to make users happy with what they see. Unfortunately, these two notions of happiness do not always coincide. The engine is designed to assess and rate your content based on certain factors. So, you create texts following all the instructions, resulting in a low position in SERP.
Do not focus on what the engine wants. Focus on what will make your audience stay longer on your website and visit it again!
SEO is not a one-time investment. You cannot set it and forget about it. This digital marketing strategy requires your attention and care to produce the desired results. Keep an eye on your website’s SEO health, regularly check rankings, analyze traffic changes, and respond to them accordingly! These simple steps will help you sustain your success!