Cybersport games in our time are an integral part of the lives of many young and sometimes already quite adult people. Cybersport is a competition in computer games. Back in 1997, thanks to games such as Quake and Doom 2, the first league of cyber athletes appeared – The Cyberathlete Professional League (CPL). Its founder is Angel Munoz. In the same 1997, Quake 2 appeared, and a year later, the Brood War add-on for the Starcraft game of the same name was released. This game has received a huge breakthrough in the genre of RTS (Real-Time Strategy), that is, real-time strategy for Game Manual.
For many years, disputes regarding the correctness of recognizing eSports as a sport have not subsided. One of the main trump cards of the pro-gaming world is a large number of disciplines and tournaments that make participants rich people. However, there are a lot of questions about how to choose the most popular direction in eSports. To do this, you need to be aware of the latest cybersport news. The list of fans of the game is growing steadily, and cyber-sport.io is making every effort to keep you up to date with current events.
In 2022, mobile games have continued to take root in the esports industry at a faster pace. In turn, desktop disciplines also did not stand still and actively attracted a new audience. According to the results of last esport news, two representatives of mobile platforms were in the top five most-viewed esports games, but they were far from leading positions. Consider the rating of the most popular areas in eSports:
- League of Legends. League of Legends has been the most viewed esports game for years now. Following the general trend of audience growth in esports, LoL tournament viewing rates increased by almost 13% (to 664 million hours) compared to last year. You can read more about this on the esport news website.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Second place in the top once again went to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. The shooter has been repeatedly predicted “death” due to the growing popularity of Valorant, but the spectator figures for CS:GO only continue to grow. During this year, viewers spent more than 410 million hours at the tournaments of the discipline, which is 14% more than the previous year’s results.
- ML: Bang Bang. This is the first game that managed to push Dota 2 out of the top three. According to statistics, ML:BB has become the most viewed esports game of 2022. ML:BB tournaments have collected 386.9 million hours watched. This figure is almost three times higher than the previous year.
- Dota 2. In fourth place is Dota 2. In 2021, Valve’s MOBA was remembered for its record $40+ million prize pool.
- PUBG Mobile. The Krafton and Tencent project has dropped one spot in the rankings compared to 2021, despite increasing its watch rates to 216.1 million hours (+61%).
Esport news is actively broadcast on sports channels. Every year this niche is gaining more popularity among players from all over the world. Journalists often mention esports as one of the most relevant and profitable areas. You can get incredible pleasure if you earn money while playing.
Many platforms rank the most popular video games based on the number of unique users. LOL is a role-playing video game with real-time strategy elements. It appeared in 2009 and instantly won a large audience – every month, more than 100 million people use this product from Riot Games. The LoL World Championship tournament is held annually – the largest in this discipline. His prize fund has reached five million dollars for the last two years. These numbers are incredibly impressive for those who follow international esport news.